As an artist, Svitlana Biedarieva focuses on the topics of the limits of art, ideological space, violence, and resistance. She works in the artistic media of digital graphics, painting, installation, and performance art. In 2017, her solo project of large-scale digital murals The Morphology of War was presented at the Museo Erasto Cortes in Puebla, Mexico, and at the National Centre of Arts in Mexico City. In the same year, this project travelled to the 5th International Biennial of Odesa in Ukraine.
She has presented her work in Mexico, Ukraine, Estonia, Finland, Germany, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Her group exhibitions include Art/Work: 55 Ukrainian and Polish Artists (Mystetskyi Arsenal in Kyiv and City Gallery in Wroclaw, Poland, 2017), The Classical Now! (2018) at the Bush House in London, organized by Kings College London and the Musée d’Art Classique de Mougins, At the Front Line: Ukrainian Art, 2013-2019 (2019) at the National Museum of Cultures in Mexico City, in collaboration with the Museo Memoria y Tolerancia and the National Cineteca), and the exhibition of the Finalists of the MUHi Young Ukrainian Artists Award (2019), the Taras Shevchenko National Museum, Kyiv, Ukraine (Organized by the Shcherbenko Art Centre, Laureate of the Audience’s Choice Award). In 2022, Svitlana was selected as the Prince Claus Seed Award laureate for her artistic work.
- (Forthcoming, 2022): Exhibition at the Shcherbenko Art Centre, Kyiv, Ukraine
- May 2017: Exhibition The Morphology of War, National Centre of Arts, Mexico City, Mexico
- February – June 2017: Exhibition The Morphology of War, Museo Taller Erasto Cortés, Puebla, Mexico
- February – March 2012: Art project Personal Studio. Artistic residency “Mecklenburg Inspires”, Kühlungsborn, Germany (Recipient of the Step Beyond Travel Grant, European Cultural Foundation)
- July 2011: Land art project Mermaids. IV International Eco-Cultural Festival ‘Trypilske Kolo’. Air’, Rzhishev, Ukraine
SELECTED GROUP PROJECTS
- April 2022: Exhibition Goodbye East! Goodbye Narcissus! Unlearning Eastern Europe, EKKM Tallinn, Estonia
- February – March 2022: Exhibition The Ghosts of War, East Hawaii Cultural Centre, Hawaii, United States
- November 2019: Laureate of the Jóvenes Creadores 2019-2020 Scholarship, Ministry of Culture of Mexico (FONCA). Exhibition of the finalists: October – December 2020.
- October – November 2019: Exhibition of the Finalists of the MUHi Young Ukrainian Artists Award, Taras Shevchenko National Museum, Kyiv, Ukraine, Organized by the Shcherbenko Art Centre. Laureate of the Audience’s Choice Award.
- September 2019 – Jan 2020: Exhibition At the Front Line: Ukrainian Art, 2013-2019, National Museum of Cultures of the World, Mexico City, Mexico (in collaboration with Museo Memoria y Tolerancia and National Cineteca) (funded by the International “Renaissance” Foundation, Mironova Foundation, Samsung Mexico, and the Goethe Institut Mexico)
- May 2018: 00 Biennale of La Habana, Havana, Cuba
- March – April 2018: Exhibition The Classical Now!, Bush House, London. Organized by Kings College London and the Musée d’Art Classique de Mougins, France.
- September – October 2017: Exhibition Art/ WORK: 55 Ukrainian and Polish Artists, Centre for Contemporary Art of the Railway and City Gallery, Wroclaw, Poland
- August – September 2017: The Morphology of War at the 5th International Biennale of Odesa, Odesa, Ukraine.
- June – July 2017: Exhibition Art/ WORK: 55 Ukrainian and Polish artists, Art Arsenal (Mystetskyi Arsenal), Kyiv, Ukraine
- August 2016: Shortlisted, Programme BBVA Bancomer/Carrillo Gil, Mexico City